Monday, November 7, 2011

Bargello Snail

This week's challenge over at the Hambo Hoedown is to use Snail Rake with any technique from the Splitcoaststampers Resources Page to make a project. There are so many great techniques, but one I've been wanting to try is the Bargello Technique. This technique is borrowed from needlepoint to create an interesting background with thin strips of paper Here's my Bargello snail...


It didn't turn out quite like I thought it would, but it made an interesting background. I think one of my papers should have been a more solid design and maybe a little darker. It was a fun and easy technique. I plan to try it again and see if I can get a more needlepoint looking effect. 

4 comments:

  1. I think it is a great background! I haven't seen that technique, but it sounds really cool, so I will have to check that out!
    Thanks for sharing your awesome card at the Hoedown, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun technique! I love the texture from the twine. Thanks for playing along at the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this background Paula, it's beautiful! And I love the card, especially the way you did the cute tag! Great job with this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make comments. I love reading them!