Friday, April 11, 2014

Hambo's Ham 'n Bacon Blog Hop

Today Hambo friends and the Bacon Bits Design Team are bringing you fun creations that depict a pig's favorite actor - Kevin Bacon! Using any Hambo image, rubber, clear or digital, we created a project that was inspired by any Kevin Bacon movie. It could be our favorite, or just one that was fun to design. If you arrived here from Jane's blog you are in the right place! If not, you might want to start back at the beginning at the Hambo blog to make sure you are eligible for the hopper prize!

A prize will be awarded randomly to a hopper who comments on all of the blogs along the way. Another prize will be awarded to one participant whose bacon-themed creation tickles the Bacon Bits’ fancy in a hammin’ jammin’ way! The winners will be announced on the Hambo company blog,
Talk to the Ham, on Wednesday, April 16th. Comments are great anytime, but the deadline for the hopper prize is Monday April 14 at 10 PM EDT. Don't miss it.

Now for my creation. Kevin Bacon has been a prolific actor, so there were lots of movies to choose from. I chose Tremors! Tremors is a comedy, horror, sci-fi movie about the people of a small isolated town who defend themselves against strange underground snakelike creatures which are killing them one by one. I designed a side-step card with one of Hambo's snakelike creatures...Rattler.




But you can't make a scary card using Hambo's Rattler. He's just too darn cute! He comes with two more sentiments, but I love this one. I almost added to the sentiment. I thought "What's Shakin' Bacon?" would have been perfect for the hop.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed by card. Have you seen Tremors? If not, click here to watch a short trailer. You might decide it's a movie you want to see sometime.

Next it's on to Jeannie's blog to see her Ham 'n Bacon creation.

22 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike!!!
    I love the colors--and this is a fabulous step card!! Especially with the cacti!!!!!!!

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the movie trailer uses the song "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On"! LOL (And by the way, I noticed a jack-hammer guy in the trailer, which of course made me think of the "Hammer Time" digi.) Your side-step card is just perfect, and the cacti are such a fun addition. Thanks for joining us for this hop, Paula!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - I am laughing that of all the "brilliant" work Kevin has done, Tremors is so impactful haha! This is precious - I love this card fold for sure and your decorations are perfect! Thanks for inspiring me (as usual) and thanks for joining the Hop!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Paula, as I am a huge fan of interactive and different folds type of cards, I have to say I adore your side step card for several reasons, the cutest cacti I have ever seen, the fabulous coloring on the rattler snake, the perfect choice of bg papers, and the brilliant depiction of this movie all make for a stunning card. I love it!!! thank you for joining in this fun hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Tremors sure seems to be a popular movie!..LOL
    I love you're step card, from the rattler, to the sentiment to the paper you chose, perfect! Awesome coloring!

    Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO cute; love the stair step design and especially your cactus!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny that there's another Tremor-inspired card!! Yours is adorable too - absolutely LOVE the cacti! I'm actually going to be making a scrapbook page soon from our trip to Arizona, I may have to borrow your cactus idea. :-) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, third Tremor card...Is the stampin universe telling me that I missed a good movie? lol...I love those cactus plants in the back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! The cactus background is just perfect too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha-ha! What's shakin' bacon! Too funny! I love how your coloring really brings out Rattler's curves and the step card is perfect for this. Your cactus are super clever! How on earth did you think of that?! (I'm stealing this idea.) Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL that is one of my fave images from Hambo!! I liked the Tremors movie and hubby actually got the series of all the Tremors movies for Christmas one year!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the step card....great image too!!! Love that movie as well.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Perfect piece of work you have done, this site is really cool with fantastic info.
    Photo Retouching Services
    Background Removal Service

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make comments. I love reading them!