Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hoedown Recyle Challege


I bought this craft frame on clearance for 50 cents. Actually I bought 2 planning to let my granddaughters color them. Well it never happened and they've outgrown coloring premade projects. They would much rather use my stamps and stuff and design their own. Yeah!! So they've been in my stash for ages...perfect for this week's Hoedown challenge to use Goat or any Hambo image and a sentiment to create a project that incorporates something recycled.


Here's my desk calendar made from the recycled craft frame...


Wouldn't checking this calendar for the date give you a chuckle?

When I saw this sentiment that comes with Goat digi, I knew it would also go perfectly with Ham on the Run.  This little piggie and his cute smile and bare butt just crack me up!

It was easy to turn this frame into a base for a desk calendar. I sawed off the crayon point sticking out on the side so both sides were straight. Then sanded the edges and sponged the edges with Old Olive ink. I added papers, calendar (thanks, Angie), felt flower recycled from a birthday decoration, and ribbon along with the image and sentiment.

Check your stash. I KNOW you have something you can recycle. Then come over and play with us at the Hoedown.

I've also submitted my desk calendar in the Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Time or Steampunk...a calendar is time, right?

6 comments:

  1. OMG, I am so in LOVE, You know how I feel about butts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is awesome! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula! Love love your cute calendar--and the streaker piggy--what a riot! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is wonderful! I love it... Great recycle of the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome this is! Love that you showed a "before" picture too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make comments. I love reading them!